The Church Board carries responsibility for oversight and governance of the congregation as delegated by the congregation. This responsibility includes hearing concerns in the life and work of the church brought by individual members, commissions or other groups within the congregation. The Church Board may also seek counsel from individuals or groups and may request one or more of them to study an issue or to implement a task relevant to the life and work of the church.
Among its many responsibilities, the Board:
- Oversees vision discernment, goal setting and strategic planning processes.
- Oversees the pastoral team: evaluation, employment distribution, personnel policy.
- Makes some decisions on behalf of the congregation.
- Decides agenda for congregational action or counsel, in consultation with the Vision Leadership Team.
- Oversees congregational meetings.
- Recommends the annual spending plan to the congregation.
- Represents the congregation for legal purposes.
- Represents the congregation to Goshen College through Amity Corporation.
- Recommends by-laws changes to the congregation.
Duane Sherer Stoltzfus
Phil Waite, pastoral team leader
David Maldonado, community outreach pastor